Tuesday, May 21, 2013

{Chadron, Nebraska & Mt Rushmore}


May has been a busy month at my house.  We were thrilled to able to travel to the northwestern part of my home state, Nebraska, at the beginning of the month so that we could watch my nephew graduate from college...and take a trip up to Mt. Rushmore (which I have never seen before).  There is no shortage of beautiful country in this area, and you literally can see for MILES.  Definitely worth the 17-hour drive!!

We were on I-80, about halfway across Nebraska here.


One tree.  That's it.

Yes, there is still snow on the ground in May here.



SOOC shot of the road ahead.

another SOOC shot of one of many, many coal trains we saw.

Two of my children.  Like any good tourist, I made my husband stop the car so that we could get pictures of Mt Rushmore as soon as it was visible!!




Chief Crazy Horse Monument, still under construction.

We were amazed at how close the wildlife was to the road.

 ca
I felt like we were on the set of "Dances With Wolves"

Literally less than 10 feet from our car.


No comments:

Post a Comment